Because nearly every household has at least one fridge, which runs 24 hours a day, it is the single largest power consumer in many families. You may need to keep your refrigerator and freezer running all the time, but that does not mean you cannot save money on power. Keeping food fresh while conserving energy can give strained foods a much-needed boost. Here are some of the steps by which we can reduce the consumption of electricity of a refrigerator:
1. Efficient unit needs to be chosen: It may be tempting to choose an older, less expensive unit, but you may end up paying far more in the long term. Sustainability Victoria has compiled a list of helpful hints for purchasing a new refrigerator or freezer.
2. Need to check the seals: Your refrigerator seals keep your doors shut securely, keeping unwelcome hot air out. So, to avoid your refrigerator working harder than it needs to make sure it is in good operating order.
a. How can I tell if my door seals are damaged or worn?
i. The door keeps opening and closing.
ii. The interior of the refrigerator freezer ices up.
iii. There is a water leak.
iv. The seals have physical cracks, tears, or splits due to the extreme temperature fluctuations.
v. The corners of the seal have buckled.
vi. The seals are fragile or hard.
vii. The seals have mold or discoloration.
viii. The seal and the door have a visible gap.
3. Fill without overfilling: When you keep your fridge full, there is less space for warm air to enter when you open the door. So, if you have any large gaps, fill them with water containers. But do not cram everything in; chilly air needs to be able to move freely throughout the fridge.
4. Temperature settings need to be monitored: Sustainability Victoria suggests setting your refrigerator to 3 degrees Celsius and your freezer to between -15 and -18 degrees Celsius. Any lower, and you are squandering energy by forcing your unit to be colder than it needs to be.
5. Hot things to be cooled first: When you put hot items in your fridge, it must work extra hard to cool down to its normal temperature. Allow hot food to cool on the counter before putting it in the fridge to avoid this.
6. Consider the fridge as a defroster: Are you planning on eating that delicious Bolognese you have in the freezer later this week? Defrost it in the refrigerator. It will take a bit longer to thaw, but it will keep your fridge cool in the meanwhile - almost like an energy boost.
7. Do not let frost build in your fridge: Frost can form on the coils in your freezer that remove heat. To remove the warmer air, those coils need to be in contact with it, but if there's ice in the way, it's a lot tougher - which means your freezer has to work much harder.
8. Keep the door properly closed: We understand that being at home makes this seem nearly impossible. However, the less you open the fridge door (we guarantee nothing has changed since last time), the less time it takes to cool down when you close it.
9. Cleaning of coils is essential: This is our top pick for a bingo card with "strange staying at-home activities." The coils that help remove heat can be found behind or beneath your refrigerator. Dust can accumulate on these and act as an insulator, so brush or vacuum them to assist them to release heat more efficiently.
10. Leave space around the complete unit: Keeping stuff on top of or along the edges of your refrigerator is like placing a thick winter coat on it to keep warm air in. Make sure your fridge has sufficient ventilation on all sides, so it does not have to work as hard to keep cool.
If you face any issue with your refrigerator, you can avail of the services at your doorstep through CHS Buddy. CHS Buddy provides you an online platform that deals with all the home maintenance services and provides doorstep service at your scheduled time. CHS Buddy deals with Refrigerator repair service in Delhi NCR.
Water is essential for the survival of human life. Everyone needs clean water for various essential things such as drinking, washing, cleaning, etc. Availability of drinking water has reduced many folds as there is an increase in population. Therefore, people are using RO water purifiers to get access to clean drinking water 24 * 7 in their homes.
There are several common issues that we face while using an RO:
If your RO or UV water purifier is supplying water with an uncommon odour or flavour, it can be due to the fact a biofilm has amassed in a single or greater component of the water purifier. A biofilm is a layer of natural and inorganic fabric gathered at the floor of a water purifier. Due to this, the ranges of contaminants withinside the water rise. The fastest answer for that is to update any clogged filters or the membrane. Once the filters and the membrane are modified, you could look at if there may be a development withinside the flavour or odour of the water. Ensure that the filters are changed every 12 months.
If your water purifier is liberating purified water very slowly and fills simply 1/2 of the glass throughout the identical time, it is miles due to the fact you both have low extent or low water strain. An RO usually wishes a minimal strain of 40 to 60 PSI (kilos in line with rectangular inch) to perform properly. There can also be a malfunction withinside the water garage tank of the purifier, main to this issue. The purifier’s water garage tank incorporates an air bladder in order that it releases water quickly. The extra the water, the better the strain.
If you listen to a abnormal noise out of your water purifier’s faucet, specifically after changing the filters and the membrane, it's miles because of the air being driven out of the system. It can also be because of an alternate withinside the water stress in the system. Soon after changing the filter, if the noise doesn’t subside, name an expert to test if the tubing changed into nicely installed. The noise can also arise if the water tank’s valve isn't always closed nicely.
If there may be steady water leakage from the purifier’s faucet, part of the purifier might be now no longer geared up correctly. To restoration the difficulty, the ill-geared-up element wishes to be recognized and changed or geared up tightly. If the identical difficulty is discovered withinside the water purifier’s clear out or membrane, it can be because of a tired O-ring. An O-ring is a tender rubber ring that forestalls water from leaking out of the parts.
If the water purifier is leaking water from the faucet, clear out, or membrane, name a carrier engineer to test if the valve is nicely closed and if the O-ring is in the right condition. If the O-ring is cracked or now no longer in a terrific condition, they want to be geared up tightly to change.
A broken RO membrane can also be a likely cause for the water tank now no longer getting stuffed completely. The semipermeable RO membrane is a barrier that permits the most effective water molecules to skip through to the opposite aspect whilst blocking off the passage of water contaminants like dust, dirt, viruses, and bacteria, hence presenting easy and secure consuming water. When the membrane receives clogged after some months of usage, the water filtration procedure slows down and the water exceptional degrades. If the membrane is clogged or broken, it needs to get replaced to keep away from any fitness issues.
An RO membrane internal a water purifier commonly desires to get replaced as soon as a year, relying on the usage. This guarantees easy and healthful consuming water.
The above mentioned are some of the most common problems which everyone faces in their day to day life. But one should not take any chance as RO water purifier provides us clean drinking water which is good for our health. As we cannot compromise with our health, we need to have clean drinking water available 24 * 7. Hence, we need to have a well-maintained water purifier in every home. To avail of the service of RO Repair and service, we recommend you check the technician from CHS Buddy. CHS Buddy is an online platform that helps to provide doorstep service and at your suitable time.
Air conditioners have become the necessity these days. As everyone is using an air conditioner in their home, they need to save their electricity bills and try to use the Air conditioners in the most effective way. As we all are addicted to gadgets and this modern technology has taken many folds, people need things instantly and more efficiently. Air Conditioners can be used in a more effective manner by following some of the basic steps:
1. Setting up the default temperature to 24° C
Earlier, in the air conditioners, the default temperature was 18 °C. As the guidelines have changed and global warming is increasing the government has issued the guidelines for setting the default temperature to 24° C. After the issued guidelines, all the new AC have the default temperature at 24°C.
2. Keeping the temperature at 24° C:
It is always better to run the air conditioner at the default temperature. Operating the Air Conditioners at their default temperature helps to save electricity and the environment from the UV rays. As most of us know every degree we lower down the temperature of our air conditioner we consume 6units of electricity extra in every degree we decrease the temperature. The temperature at 24°C is the most suitable temperature for the room and for the environment.
3. Keep the doors of the room closed:
Before switching on the AC, the doors of the room should be closed properly. Outside warm air should not enter the room as it will not let the room cool down. When we are using the air conditioner in a closed room, it will be more effective, and you can switch off the air conditioner once the room is chilled.
4. MCB On or off to save Electricity:
MCB [Miniature Circuit Breaker], one of the most useful switches which helps to prevents threats from abnormal conditions in the electrical work. When we need to open the air conditioner then only one should switch on the MCB attached to it else, there is a continuous power supply, and the electricity meter works. Once we switch off the air conditioner, one should not forget to switch off the MCB to save the electricity.
5. AC and Fan result in less energy consumption:
When we use air conditioners, the fans of the room should be opened. This will help to regulate the air and hence, the room will get cool easily and in a short duration. The fan in room helps to keep the room cool for a longer time and this will help to save the electricity as once the room gets chilled; the air conditioner can be switched off and the fan will work more effectively.
6. Proper Maintenance saves electricity:
These modern days’ appliances need proper maintenance as they are being used 24*7 to make our work easier. Air conditioners need to be well functioned and well maintained as they help to make our work easier. As we know a well-maintained equipment is more efficient in case of electricity consumption. This will help to save the electricity many folds.
Air conditioners need to be used in an effective way and we need to save the electricity for which we need our air conditioners to be well maintained. If you want to hire the technician for AC repair and Service in Delhi, Noida, and Gurgaon, you can get it on CHS Buddy. CHS Buddy is an online portal which helps to get the service providers from your nearby location and helps to provide you the service at your doorstep and at your scheduled time.